At East Farleigh, we believe that physical activity not only improves health, reduces stress and improves concentration, but also promotes correct physical growth and development. Exercise has a positive influence on academic achievement, emotional stability and interaction with others. Through sport and other physical activities our children will learn about their responsibilities both as individuals and members of groups and teams; they will learn to cooperate and to compete fairly, understanding their own and other’s roles. We support and facilitate the develop of these key qualities through:
- Following a broad and balanced PE curriculum fulfilling the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Ensuring every child moving on to secondary school can swim 25m and has basic water skills.
- Developing the fitness of the individual, by ensuring a good pace in lessons and incorporating fitness activities into physical education lessons as appropriate.
- Integrating, where possible, into other curriculum areas. Eg, use of athletics data in maths & ICT.
- Developing programmes that meet the needs of all the children, providing equal opportunities.
- Making allowances for children with disabilities and medical conditions, taking into account children with special needs, through modified classroom programmes.
- Involving the community where possible - e.g. Sports Day, clubs, intra/ inter-school matches, outside coaching personnel and resources.
- Provide enjoyable experiences, where positive attitudes of sensitivity, leadership, co-operation, competition and tolerance may develop.
We actively encourage our pupils to compete in a range of competitions, sports festivals and local cluster fixtures that are organised at regular intervals, during the appropriate season, throughout the school year. In addition to the large variety of physical activity within the curriculum, we also offer a range of after school and lunchtime clubs such as Netball, Basketball, Tag Rugby, Football, Speed Stacking, Hockey and Athletics.
Tournaments and Fixtures
THE RICHARD CUP 2018
The year 6 football team attended a small tournament held at Greenfields Primary. They played their best yet gaining 3rd place.
Key Stage 1 Football
Congratulations to our KS1 football team who came 3rd in their first football tournament.
Congratulations to our KS2 girls football team who came 3rd in the Gallagher Stadium tournament.
Cross Country @ Greenfields
A comment from an East Farleigh Parent:
"My child took part in the Cross Country at Greenfields this afternoon and I wanted to say how lovely the pupils were, the team spirit and encouragement they give each other is endearing, they may not be the fastest or have all the kit, but they show true sportsmanship and they each gave it their best shot."
We are so proud of our children at East Farleigh - what fantastic ambassadors to our school.
Well done everyone!
Mr Rivers :-)
Cross Country 14th February 2019
Here are some more photos from the Cross Country held at Greenfields.
Netball match 13th February 2019
Here are some more photos from the netball match against Westborough. Well played girls. :-)