Friday 10 July
Friday 10th July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Time to get active! Today try one of these suggestions:
- Go for a bike ride
- Go running or jogging
- Set up a relay race
- Set up an obstacle course
- Dance to your favourite song!
Reading for pleasure is so important. This week, your challenge is to complete as many of these 'Reading Bingo' activities as you can. I'm not expecting you to complete them all (!), but I suggest you pick a minimum of one a day and aim to complete 5 by Friday. Keep me updated and I will award a dojo point for everyone who ticks off 5 items from the bingo card.
With the borrowing from a library task - remember you can access books online through the library. Details can be found on our school reading page https://www.east-farleigh.kent.sch.uk/curriculum/english/reading/reading-home-learning-support.
This bingo card is part of a summer reading challenge, run by the people who host 'World Book Day'. If you'd like to take part fully in this, you can follow this link to download the full pack. There are Smiggle vouchers to be won! https://www.worldbookday.com/2019/07/summer-reading-bingo-challenge/
You might like to upload videos or photos of yourself completing the challenges to your class dojo portfolio!
Phonics and Spelling
- For those of you who have a pack of sound cards and tricky word cards at home, continue to work on these and make sure you're secure with reading your tricky words.
- Keep using Phonics Play to work on your reading or also Collins Connect.
- Year 1 and 2, continue to use Spelling Shed - your spellings are set for the rest of the term.
Writing - Animal Project
- Today you need to choose some interesting facts about your animal to add to your page.
- You might like to write these in a paragraph, or in bullet points. Or you might like to write them on pieces of paper and squeeze them in around your double page spread.
- These facts can be anything that didn't fit under the previous headings of habitat, diet etc.
- For example Did you know that sloths can swim?
Please send me a good quality photo of your whole finished double page/ poster so I can add them to the virtual classroom gallery page! :)
Today complete a revision lesson on all of the things we've worked on over the last few weeks.
Parents - do let me know if there are any areas your child finds challenging so that I can provide support.
Maths- Year 1 and 2
Today you need to finish off your board game and make any final changes.
- Create a mini rules list to explain your game to someone else.
- If you don't want to write your instructions, can you film yourself explaining how to play (you can upload to your Dojo portfolio)? Or draw pictures to explain?
- How many people can play?
- What are the rules?
- What is the aim of the game?
Once you've completed it, find someone in your house to play the game with! Send us photos of your finished game board.
Some of you got ahead of the game and wrote your rules yesterday! So today perhaps you could choose your favourite board game to play instead?!
Alternatively, some new home learning workbooks for maths have just been released by the scheme we use in school. You might like to check these out. https://whiterosemaths.com/resources/primary-resources/parent-workbooks/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sharpspring&sslid=MzOwMDc0M7MwNTY0BQA&sseid=MzIwt7Q0NzQ2NgQA&jobid=b2cbe08d-4dd9-4755-9b06-1528a5c0ff60
Year 1 and 2, you will find your afternoon activities on Class Dojo from now on. Once you've completed the activity, you can upload a picture, video or some text about what you've completed and your own class teacher will respond to you! This is a great way to stay in contact with your class teacher.
Parents - if you haven't given permission for Class Dojo, you can still activate this by contacting the office.
Reception Class - we will continue to use Tapestry as our primary means of communication - so keep uploading photos and videos on there. Your activities are below, as usual!
Afternoon - Music
Time to sing! Learning and singing songs, dancing along to them and enjoying different types of music is so beneficial for children and adults alike. Each week in school we have music lessons and we have a singing assembly. Today, spend some time singing!
- Sing a familiar song from school. Here are some of our favourites...
Life is a Wonderful Thing
Living and Learning
Make a Difference!
- Sing some of your personal favourites!
- Explore these playlists and songs by following the link below.
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
Try out one of these ideas!