Thursday 2nd July
Thursday 2nd July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Message for Reception Parents
We are still waiting for Tapestry to be sorted - I apologise for the inconvenience! Please do feel free to email me via firstname.lastname@example.org instead. If not, we are hoping it'll be back up and running very soon so you can continue to communicate with me that way!
Good Morning! Time to get active!
- Start your day off with a bit of fun! Join in with this game 'Crabs and Scorpions' and see how you get on!
Today is your chance to be more descriptive with your writing. Fill in the last box on your fact file 'My Ideal Day Out.'
- If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go and why? Who would you take with you? What would you eat? What would you do there?
- Would you go to a beautiful beach and build enormous sandcastles? Would you go and hide in a gigantic treehouse and play? Would you visit a farm or a zoo or go and see animals in the wild? Would you ride your bike through a huge park? What would you love to do?
- Remember to add in some adjectives and adverbs to create a picture of what this day would be like.
Send your completed fact files to me, Miss Vickery, Mrs Jenkinson or Miss Fittall so we can collect them for your new teacher.
Reading, Phonics and Spelling
When you select your allocated game, it will play a short video clip advert of Roy the Zebra resources. Just click skip and it will take you to the game. :)
When you have done this...
- Complete a task on ReadTheory or Collins Connect.
- OR spend time reading a book (you could film yourself reading a page or two and send to your class teacher on your Dojo portfolio, now that you have access!).
- Work on your spellings using Spelling Shed.
Try the advanced version of the full stop game and read the sentences carefully. Remember, when reading a book, you should respond to a full stop with a pause. This game will help you work on this. https://www.roythezebra.com/reading-games/full-stop-1.html
You should know and be able to read the months of the year. Use this game to check your knowledge of these tricky words!
Year 1 and 2
Remember to use practical objects to support you.
- Can you find all of the possibilities?
- Can you spot any patterns?
- Is there a maximum number of lollies there could be? A minimum?
Afterwards, spend time on TTRS and work on those times tables.
Afternoon - Spanish!
Something a bit different for you this afternoon! The additional language we teach at East Farleigh is Spanish.
Why not join in this afternoon with this Spanish lesson and learn how to count in Spanish?!
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
Work on your concentration with this lovely game!