Thursday 9th July
Thursday 9th July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Time to get active!
We miss our singing assemblies with you.
This one is a firm favourite and is perfect for waking you up, ready for a day of learning!
Thank you for sending me your photos so far! I'm thrilled that you're enjoying the reading bingo so much! :)
Reading for pleasure is so important. This week, your challenge is to complete as many of these 'Reading Bingo' activities as you can. I'm not expecting you to complete them all (!), but I suggest you pick a minimum of one a day and aim to complete 5 by Friday. Keep me updated and I will award a dojo point for everyone who ticks off 5 items from the bingo card.
With the borrowing from a library task - remember you can access books online through the library. Details can be found on our school reading page https://www.east-farleigh.kent.sch.uk/curriculum/english/reading/reading-home-learning-support.
This bingo card is part of a summer reading challenge, run by the people who host 'World Book Day'. If you'd like to take part fully in this, you can follow this link to download the full pack. There are Smiggle vouchers to be won! https://www.worldbookday.com/2019/07/summer-reading-bingo-challenge/
You might like to upload videos or photos of yourself completing the challenges to your class dojo portfolio.
Phonics and Spelling
- For those of you who have a pack of sound cards and tricky word cards at home, continue to work on these and make sure you're secure with reading your tricky words.
- Keep using Phonics Play to work on your reading or also Collins Connect.
- Year 1 and 2, continue to use Spelling Shed - your spellings are set for the rest of the term.
Writing - Animal Project
- Today we will be writing a short paragraph about what your chosen animal eats.
- Apply what I've talked about to your animal. Name the foods your animal eats, talk about how your animal collects or forages for their food and also try to add adjectives to describe the food. For example: bright green, shiny leaves.
Today complete Lesson 4 - Describing 3D shapes. Click on the image for the link.
You will need a tin, a cereal box or similar box, a ball, a cone of some kind, a round piece of fruit.
Really focus on your use of key maths vocabulary.
Year 1 and 2 Maths - Trial Time!
- Today, test out your board game.
- What are the problems?
- What works well?
- Are there any adjustments that need to be made?
- Can you add any new elements to your game to make it a little more exciting? E.g some additional challenge cards to throw a curveball? Some squares that mean you have to go back a few spaces?
- Try out your game and see how you can improve it. Spend some time doing these improvements.
Year 1 and 2, you will find your afternoon activities on Class Dojo from now on. Once you've completed the activity, you can upload a picture, video or some text about what you've completed and your own class teacher will respond to you! This is a great way to stay in contact with your class teacher.
Parents - if you haven't given permission for Class Dojo, you can still activate this by contacting the office.
Reception Class - we will continue to use Tapestry as our primary means of communication - so keep uploading photos and videos on there. Your activities are below, as usual!
Afternoon - Art
Today, head over to the Art Builders page and find this week's art toolkit. Click on the green button and it'll take you straight there.
Choose one or more of the suggested activities and get creative!
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.