Tuesday 30th June
Tuesday 30th June
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Good Morning! Time to get active!
- Join in with Jamie from Cosmic Kids Yoga today.
- Enjoy this Frank the Frog Adventure - or find another one of the Cosmic Kids Yoga adventures that you fancy.
Hobbies and Interests
Today you are going to fill in the box about hobbies and interests. Use the template from yesterday or add to your own fact file.
The video aims to be supportive for all year groups, so do join in with the lesson if it helps. :)
- What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Are you into sports, arts and crafts, nature? What is it that you find really interesting?
- Write a short paragraph about your hobby or your interests. Tell us why you enjoy this and what makes it so exciting. Would you recommend your hobby to others?
- You still need to use capital letters, commas, full stops, adjectives and so on to make your writing really engaging for your new teacher!
Reading, Phonics and Spelling
Today focus on reading a book. This can be a book you've got at home, a book from Collins Connect or another online e-book resource such as Oxford Owl. Try to select something at your level.
- Read for 10 minutes, discussing new vocabulary you come across.
- Can you spot tricky words or high frequency words?
- Try to summarise what you've read by talking to an adult.
- Get your adult to ask you some questions about what you've read. Remember to check out our reading page for additional support with this.
If you have time, spend time on Phonics Play or Spelling Shed too.
ReceptionProblem: The Numberblocks are being tickled by fluffies! But 7 doesn't get tickled by Numberblocks. Can you help Numberblocks 1-6 find a way to stop being tickled? Can you write the number sentences or draw pictures of the pairs of Numberblocks? Find out if you found the right answers by watching this clip (Watch AFTER, or it'll give you the answers!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VuUpZc94Y
Remember to use real coins to help you.
This is a brilliant investigation which supports your place value understanding.
Afternoon - Art Builders
Today is Art Builders Day 2020 and your afternoon activity is linked to this. To find out how to take part, please look for Toolkit 1 on our school art page. Either click the button to the right or the link below. :) Enjoy!
Please send any photos of work to us so that Miss Vickery can add them to our display board in school.
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
As part of your arty day, enjoy a craft activity with Mrs Gunton.