Tuesday 7th July
Tuesday 7th July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Time to get active!
Work on your fitness and have a go at the daily mile at home!
- Have a look on their website for daily challenges as part of your run!
- Remember to stay hydrated and take it at your own pace.
You might like to join in with a virtual assembly. Try this Dinosaur themed one! Go on a prehistoric adventure with the roarsome team from the Natural History Museum in London. They will be teaching you how to tell a T-Rex from a crocodile and everything in between...
Reading for pleasure is so important. This week, your challenge is to complete as many of these 'Reading Bingo' activities as you can. I'm not expecting you to complete them all (!), but I suggest you pick a minimum of one a day and aim to complete 5 by Friday. Keep me updated and I will award a dojo point for everyone who ticks off 5 items from the bingo card.
With the borrowing from a library task - remember you can access books online through the library. Details can be found on our school reading page https://www.east-farleigh.kent.sch.uk/curriculum/english/reading/reading-home-learning-support.
This bingo card is part of a summer reading challenge, run by the people who host 'World Book Day'. If you'd like to take part fully in this, you can follow this link to download the full pack. There are Smiggle vouchers to be won! https://www.worldbookday.com/2019/07/summer-reading-bingo-challenge/
You might like to upload videos or photos of yourself completing the challenges to your class dojo portfolio!
Phonics and Spelling
- For those of you who have a pack of sound cards and tricky word cards at home, continue to work on these and make sure you're secure with reading your tricky words.
- Keep using Phonics Play to work on your reading or also Collins Connect.
- Year 1 and 2, continue to use Spelling Shed - your spellings are set for the rest of the term.
Writing - Animal Project
A brief description of your chosen animal
- Today you need to describe what your chosen animal looks like.
- Watch my video lesson.
- When you are writing, think about any noticeable features that help to protect your animal. Think about how your animal is designed to fit its habitat. For example, the sloth has sharp, curved claws to help it hang from trees. How is your animal suited to its environment?
- Try to use adjectives and make adventurous word choices to add interest to your information page.
If you're joining in with my chosen animal and lessons, you might like to use this template.
Today complete Lesson 2 - Creating Patterns with Shapes. Click on the picture for the link. You need the template or a piece of paper too.
Year 1 and 2
I loved hearing about your initial ideas yesterday! Thank you for the updates - I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out!
- Today you are going to create two dice and some pieces to move around your board. This will require knowledge of 3D shape.
- Create the dice by either printing the template or drawing a cube net. If you want to challenge yourself - try to draw it, using a ruler, without an adult doing it for you.
- Before you construct it and stick it together, add on the numbers. Draw the correct number of dots - you may need to refer to a real dice for the positioning of the dots!
- Make 2 dice.
- Create some people, characters, counters etc to move around your board game. You might like to try and make them stand up, or you can just have them as pieces of paper or card.
You might also like to spend some time on TTRS to keep your times table knowledge going!
Year 1 and 2, you will find your afternoon activities on Class Dojo from now on. Once you've completed the activity, you can upload a picture, video or some text about what you've completed and your own class teacher will respond to you! This is a great way to stay in contact with your class teacher.
Parents - if you haven't given permission for Class Dojo, you can still activate this by contacting the office.
Reception Class - we will continue to use Tapestry as our primary means of communication - so keep uploading photos and videos on there. Your activities are below, as usual!
Afternoon - PE
Today work on your throwing skills!
- Join in with this game of Build and Destroy
- Take a ball to a park, or in your garden if you have space, and work on your over arm and under arm throwing skills.
- Can you work with someone at home to include catching skills as well as throwing skills?
- Upload a video of you practising your skills onto your Class Dojo portfolio so your teacher can see how you got on!
There are many more ideas of home activities for PE here if you'd like further suggestions https://kiddo.edu.au/activities/build-and-destroy-home
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.