Wednesday 10th June
Wednesday 10th June
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Writing - Butterflies
A Butterfly is Helpful
As with yesterday's work, you might like to complete your writing on a separate piece of lined paper and add it to your butterfly page.
Your title for today's section of writing is 'A Butterfly is Helpful.' We will look at the ways a butterfly is helpful for the garden.
Read the page I've included today - I've put the text underneath in case you can't view the text in the image. Butterflies help pollinate plants and are so important for our gardens.
1. Write your title for today 'A Butterfly is Helpful.'
2. Write a short paragraph to explain how a butterfly is helpful for the garden. What does it do? How does it do it? What happens as a result of this?
3. Remember to use interesting verbs, a range of punctuation where possible, and even try to include some adverbs.
'Butterflies, like bees, help pollinate plants so that they can reproduce or make seeds. As a butterfly flits from flower to flower, sipping nectar, tiny grains of pollen cling to its body, then fall away onto other flowers. Seeds are only produced when pollen is transferred between flowers of the same species. This is called pollination.'
- Log in to Phonics Play and complete 'Pond Life Plurals.' Focus on the rules and practise applying these to words. https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/6/pond-life-plurals
Year 1 and Reception
- Log into Phonics Play and complete Tricky Word Trucks! It's essential to be able to read tricky words confidently and it makes a big difference to your reading development. You will need to select the phase you are working on. This should be from Phase 3-5. If you are unsure which phase you are working on, drop me an email and I'll let you know. https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/3/tricky-word-trucks
- Reception Class, your initial blends for today are sm and sc. You will find these words on Spelling Shed.
- Spend some time reading your favourite books at home with an adult.
Today we will focus on multiplication. Learning your times tables is super important! Year 2, as you prepare for Year 3 you will begin to learn more of the times tables. Spend some time on TTRS to work on these. Start challenging yourself to learn some new times tables.
Reception Class don't cover multiplying, but we have been learning to count in 2s. If you are working from home and are in Reception, continue your work on counting in 2s using our song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvTcpfSnOMQ . You can also complete the activity below.
Afternoon - Science
Last week we learnt about life cycles of different animals. This week, we will think about what animals need to survive.
1. Click on the link to the right to learn about what animals need to survive. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z6882hv/articles/zx38wmn )
2. Complete the quiz to check your understanding.
3. Choose an animal and create a poster about the things it needs to survive.
- Create a title for your poster.
- Draw or print an image of the animal for the middle of your page.
- All around it draw and write about the things this animal needs to survive.
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
A lovely messy activity for this afternoon! :) Enjoy!