Wednesday 1st July
Wednesday 1st July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Good Morning! Time to get active!
- Join in with the daily mile and get fit!
- You can find daily challenges on the website for the daily mile at home (example one to the right - but you can find up to date ones each morning)! https://thedailymile.co.uk/at-home/
- Let us know how you get on :)
Today you are going to add to your fact file.
- Think about what you want to be when you grow up. Do you have a particular job you'd like to do? Why do you aspire to do this?
- Write a short paragraph about what you want to be when you grow up and why.
Reading, Phonics and Spelling
Complete the activities below! Remember you can also read e-books using Collins Connect, Oxford Owl and so on. Or read your own books at home.
Have a go at one of these roll and read/ roll and cover games.
Can you read the words and sort them into real and non-real? These words contain all of the graphemes you should recognise by now. :)
Reading for sense is so important. Have a go at this game to work on reading sentences that make sense (you need to press skip on the advert!) https://www.roythezebra.com/reading-games/sentences-that-make-sense-1-1.html
Problem: Today Numberblock 10 is the only one who doesn't get tickled by the fluffies!! Can you help numbers 1-9 escape being tickled? Can all of the numbers be safe from the fluffies if you only use them once?
Year 1 - Use your addition skills to solve this problem.
Year 2 -You may need to use practical objects or drawings to support you with this one!
Afternoon - Science
In your science topic this term you've learnt about how to take care of animals and humans. Today, we are going to think more carefully about exercise. You're going to take part in a quick experiment to see how exercise affects our bodies.
- Watch this short clip about the importance of fitness. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z274d2p
- Complete a mini investigation...
- Choose 3 different exercise activities. For example, walking, running or jumping.
- Complete each of these activities, for 30 seconds or 1 minute, with a rest break in between. Make sure you are not out of breath when you start each one.
- Which one made your body work the hardest? Which one made you puffed out the quickest?
- What changes did you notice to your body when you completed the exercises? Were you out of breath, did you get hotter? You can click on the image to the right to find out what happens to your body when you exercise.
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
Place2Be have created some lovely art projects for families at home to do. Follow the link and see which one takes your fancy!
There are also lots of useful tips for how to support your child's mental health. https://www.place2be.org.uk/our-services/parents-and-carers/supporting-your-child-s-mental-health/