Wednesday 24th June
Wednesday 24th June
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Good Morning! Time to get active!
Can you keep up with 'The Incredibles' today?!
- Grab a football or balloon.
- Count how many keepy-uppys you can do with your feet, hands and head!
- Follow the link or click on the picture. https://www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups/dashs-ball-skills
Writing - Event 2
I'm really enjoying your stories so far! You've got some brilliant ideas.
Today, you need to think of another mini adventure for Thursday! What do you and your imaginary friend do on a Thursday?
- Draw a picture of your next event. Use the box given on the template or do it in your home learning book.
- Begin your sentence with 'Every Thursday...' and tell me about the adventure you get up to.
- Use the appropriate FANTASTIC lenses for your event. For example, if it involves going somewhere, use the action lens.
- Try to include as much detail as possible and use punctuation, conjunctions, neat writing and adjectives.
- Look at my example from yesterday if you need ideas of how to structure this paragraph. It should be very similar to yesterday but with a slightly different activity.
Watch the video lesson and then get started! :)
Year 1 and Year 2 children are welcome to join in with the videos - however I would expect you to write a little more than two sentences. And Year 2, make sure you challenge yourself to use conjunctions, adjectives and so on to make your writing even better.
Maths - Fractions
Reception and Year 1
Complete the activities below to continue with your work on finding half. Really make sure your understanding is consolidated.
Complete the activities below to work on finding a third. Remember to consider equal groups and how many groups you need to share into. Use your division knowledge and your knowledge of the 3 times tables/ counting in 3s.
Reading and Phonics
- Reception - Read a book of your choice from Collins Connect.
- Year 1 - Read a book of your choice from Collins Connect and discuss in detail with an adult. Adults remember to check our reading page out (under Curriculum tab) for reading guides and questions to ask when reading.
- Year 2 - Complete ReadTheory or read a book of your choice.
- All - Spend some time on Spelling Shed or Phonics Play.
Afternoon - Science
Last week you started to think about what humans need to stay healthy. This week we will carry on with this learning and think in a bit more detail about a healthy diet. We will complete an activity today about healthy lunches.
- Watch the short clip to find out a bit about the different food groups we need to eat (we cover this in much more detail in KS2)... https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zrffr82/articles/zppvv4j
- Complete the activity underneath and sort foods into the correct groups.
- Have a go at designing your own healthy lunchbox. You might like to look here for some ideas https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/recipes/healthier-lunchboxes. Draw the items in your lunchbox and label them.
- If you fancy a healthy snack, why not make one of the suggested recipes on the Change 4 Life website?
Afternoon - Alternative Science Activity
National Insect Week
Alternatively, you might like to celebrate National Insect Week by having a go at some of these suggested activities. Mrs Albert has suggested this pack which is full of ideas to help you learn about minibeasts.
Go on a hunt and see which minibeasts you can find! Can you record your findings through photographs or drawings?
Share your findings with us! Mrs Albert, our Science Lead, would love to hear about the creatures you discover!
Mindfulness / Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.
This week is National Insect Week. Can you use nature as an opportunity to make music?!