Wednesday 8th July
Wednesday 8th July
Good Morning Everyone! If you aren't returning to school today, don't worry - you can find home learning here!
As always - please remember to just manage what you can and take things at your own pace. There is no expectation that you need to complete absolutely everything, everyday.
Reading for pleasure is so important. This week, your challenge is to complete as many of these 'Reading Bingo' activities as you can. I'm not expecting you to complete them all (!), but I suggest you pick a minimum of one a day and aim to complete 5 by Friday. Keep me updated and I will award a dojo point for everyone who ticks off 5 items from the bingo card.
With the borrowing from a library task - remember you can access books online through the library. Details can be found on our school reading page https://www.east-farleigh.kent.sch.uk/curriculum/english/reading/reading-home-learning-support.
This bingo card is part of a summer reading challenge, run by the people who host 'World Book Day'. If you'd like to take part fully in this, you can follow this link to download the full pack. There are Smiggle vouchers to be won! https://www.worldbookday.com/2019/07/summer-reading-bingo-challenge/
You might like to upload videos or photos of yourself completing the challenges to your class dojo portfolio!
Phonics and Spelling
- For those of you who have a pack of sound cards and tricky word cards at home, continue to work on these and make sure you're secure with reading your tricky words.
- Keep using Phonics Play to work on your reading or also Collins Connect.
- Year 1 and 2, continue to use Spelling Shed - your spellings are set for the rest of the term.
Writing - Animal Project
- Hopefully you've found out where your animal lives. You need to think about where in the world it is found, and also what its habitat is like. If you haven't already found out, spend the first part of your lesson today finding out this information.
- Watch the video lesson to find out what you need to write about today.
- Write a short paragraph about which part of the world you can find your animal in, what its habitat provides and what it is like in that place. Is it hot? Cold? How is your animal adapted to its habitat?
- Think about your science learning from a couple of weeks ago, about what animals need to survive.
Year 1 and 2 Maths
Today you need to create some question cards.
Reception children can create addition and subtraction questions.
If you are in Year 1 or 2, you need to create questions that include:
- You might even like to add in some fractions questions too!
- Parents: you can find a list of objectives for Year 1 and 2 by following this link, if you need guidance https://garyhall.org.uk/primary-maths-resources.php
Write a list of your questions and work out the answers. Don't make them too easy - try to challenge yourself!
Once you are happy with your questions, turn them into cards, or write them onto your game board - whatever you've decided for your game.
Year 1 and 2, you will find your afternoon activities on Class Dojo from now on. Once you've completed the activity, you can upload a picture, video or some text about what you've completed and your own class teacher will respond to you! This is a great way to stay in contact with your class teacher.
Parents - if you haven't given permission for Class Dojo, you can still activate this by contacting the office.
Reception Class - we will continue to use Tapestry as our primary means of communication - so keep uploading photos and videos on there. Your activities are below, as usual!
Afternoon - Science - STEM
Today take a break from our usual science topic and have a go at this canons activity! Lots of fun and lots of science combined!
Mindfulness and Well-Being
Every day we will give you a suggested mindfulness or well-being activity. This is just an idea and is optional.