History of East Farleigh Primary School
A school was first established in East Farleigh in Lower Road about 1845. This dame school was superseded in 1870 by a new school built by the Church. A second storey was added in 1885. In 1936, a wooden building was erected on the present site but a fire destroyed this on Coronation Night in 1953. The school log books were destroyed in the blaze. The school moved back to the Victorian school near the church, until the current building opened in 1956, the concrete phoenix on the wall symbolising rebirth.
In 2003 the school undertook extensive building work. Three new purpose-built infant classrooms and an ICT suite - now repurposed as a new library - were added to the building. This has enabled the school to develop additional teaching areas, a library and refurbish all other classrooms and facilities.
The present building has seven modern classrooms, a beautiful library, an exciting outdoor environment and a spacious hall with its own kitchen. All classrooms are equipped with the latest ICT, including interactive teaching boards, visualisers and access to Chromebook computers and tablets. The school is set in very pleasant surroundings next to a large playing field used by the school for various sports.